No bank card is really exempted from cybercrime, and fraud if not kept and protected properly. However, you can always block your card with it has been compromised. Now, the Gtbank user will ask, how to block Gtbank atm card? The simple answer is by dialing *737*51*10#.
However, *737*51*10# isn't the only way to block your Gtbank Atm card if you feel it has been comprised, stolen, or for any other reason why you may want to block your card.
In this article, I will be listing and explaining 5 different methods you can use to block your Gtbank Atm card. It will be beneficial to you if you know the 5 so that you can try them up for confirmation when the need raised. So keep on reading this article to find out the 5 methods on How to block Gtbank Atm card.
How to Block Gtbank Atm Card - 5 Easy Methods
1. Using the 737 code
You can use the GTBank USSD code to block your GTBank ATM card.
- Simply dial *737*51*10#
Ensure you dial this code using the phone number associated with your GTBank account
Read also: How To Activate Gtbank Transfer Code Without Atm Card
2. With the Internet Banking
- Once you’ve successfully logged in, click on ‘Cards’ from the menu.
- Next, select “Card Hotlist” and follow the subsequent prompts.
3. On the GTWorld Mobile App
Follow the steps below to block your Gtbank Atm card using the GTWorld Mobile app.
- Log in and swipe left on the menu.
- Tap on ‘Cards’ and then select “Block my Card”
4. On the GTMobile App
- From the menu, select “My Services”
- Then choose “Cards and Cheques”
- Tap on “Card Hotlist Request” and block your card by following the subsequent prompts.
5. With an ATM
Visit the closest GTBank ATM if you don't have access to a phone or other device to log in to internet banking. By using any of the available cardless choices, you can hotlist your card. Be aware that you would need to know your ATM card's last four digits in order to use this option.
To use this option simply,
- Press any key on the ATM to start a cardless transaction.
- Next, select “Cardless Hotlist”
- Enter your phone number (it has to be associated with your GTBank account)
- Finally, enter the last four digits of the ATM card you want to block.