An novel infant surveillance tool called the Owlet Camera was created to assist parents in keeping a close check on their young children. The Owlet Camera offers parents piece of mind with functions like high-definition video, night vision, two-way communication, and room temperature tracking.
To resolve communication problems or relocate your camera to a new place, you might occasionally need to restart your camera. We'll outline a step-by-step procedure for rebooting your Owlet Camera and re-connecting it to the Owlet App in this blog article.
Read Also: Getting the best digital camera for your photography business in 2022
Reasons for Resetting the Owlet Camera
There are several reasons why you might need to reset your Owlet Camera:
- Troubleshooting connection issues: If your camera is having trouble connecting to the internet or frequently disconnects, a reset may resolve the issue.
- Moving the camera to a new location: If you want to change the camera's position within your home, a reset can ensure a smooth transition.
- Updating the Wi-Fi network: If you've changed your Wi-Fi network, you'll need to reset the camera to connect it to the new network.
- Restoring to factory settings: If you're experiencing persistent issues with the camera or want to clear its settings, a factory reset is necessary.
Gathering Necessary Tools and Information
Before you begin the reset process, gather the following items:
- Owlet Camera's serial number: Your Owlet Camera's identification number can be located on the device's underside or on the initial packing. When connecting the camera back to the Owlet App after a restart, this distinctive identification is necessary during the rejoining procedure.
- Paperclip or similar tool: To hit the restart button on the camera, you'll need a pen or another narrow, reliable implement. You can reach and push the restart button on the underside of the camera by inserting a pen or other thin item into the tiny slot there.
- Access to the Owlet App and your account credentials: To reconnect the Owlet Camera to the app after resetting, you will need to sign in to your Owlet account using your credentials (email and password). Ensure you have access to the app and remember your login details before starting the reset process.
Having these tools and information at hand will help you efficiently reset your Owlet Camera and avoid potential delays or complications during the process.
Step-by-Step Guide to Resetting the Owlet Camera
- Power off the camera by unplugging it from the wall outlet.
- Locate the reset button on the bottom of the camera. It is a small hole labeled "Reset."
- Straighten the paperclip or similar tool and insert it into the reset hole.
- Press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds. The camera's LED light will turn off, indicating the reset process has begun.
- Release the button and wait for the camera to reboot. The LED light will turn solid green, followed by blinking blue, signaling a successful reset.
Reconnecting the Owlet Camera to the App
- Launch the Owlet App on your smartphone or tablet.
- Sign in to your account using your credentials.
- Tap the "+" button to add a new device and select "Owlet Camera."
- Follow the in-app instructions to scan the camera's serial number or manually enter it.
- Connect your camera to your Wi-Fi network by selecting the appropriate network and entering your Wi-Fi password.
- Complete the setup process by following the remaining prompts in the app.
Troubleshooting Common Issues
If you encounter any issues during the reset process, consider the following tips:
- Ensure the camera is powered off before attempting a reset: Before you start the reset process, it is essential to turn off the camera by unplugging it from the wall outlet. This step ensures that the camera is in the correct state to initiate the reset process and helps prevent any potential issues during the reset.
- Double-check that you're pressing and holding the reset button for the full 10 seconds: When resetting the Owlet Camera, it is crucial to press and hold the reset button for a full 10 seconds. This duration allows the camera to recognize the reset command and initiate the process correctly. If you release the button too soon, the reset may not be successful, and you may need to repeat the process.
- Verify that you've entered the correct Wi-Fi password during the reconnecting process: You must use the Owlet App to restore the Owlet Camera to your Wi-Fi network after it has been restarted. For a good link during this procedure, make sure you input the right Wi-Fi passcode. The webcam won't link to the network if the passcode is wrong, and you might experience communication problems. Before inputting the passcode, make sure it is accurate. If required, seek advice from your modem or internet service provider.
If you're still experiencing issues, contact Owlet support for further assistance.
Maintaining Your Owlet Camera
To keep your Owlet Camera functioning optimally:
- Perform regular software updates through the Owlet App.
- Conduct routine check-ups on the camera's position and connection.
- Make sure the camera is placed in a secure and suitable location for monitoring your baby.
- Wansview Camera: An Affordable and Feature-Packed Security Solution
- Troubleshooting Lorex Cameras Not Working on App: A Comprehensive Guide
- How to Detect Hidden Surveillance Cameras
- Getting the best digital camera for your photography business in 2022
- how to choose the best camera
All parents using this cutting-edge infant surveillance tool must know how to reset their Owlet Camera. You can swiftly and simply restart your camera, link it to the Owlet App, and fix any communication problems by following our step-by-step instructions. Updating your programme and performing routine upkeep will help keep your Owlet
The camera performs optimally, giving you piece of mind as you keep an eye on your child's wellbeing. Do not be afraid to contact Owlet support if you have any issues with the restart procedure or require additional help.
Q1: How do I reset my Owlet Camera?
A1: To reset your Owlet Camera, locate the reset button, usually found on the back or bottom of the camera. Press and hold the reset button using a paperclip or similar object for approximately 10 seconds until the camera's indicator light starts flashing. This signifies that the camera has been reset and is ready for setup.
Q2: Why won't my Owlet Camera connect to Wi-Fi?
A2: If your Owlet Camera is not connecting to Wi-Fi, ensure that your Wi-Fi network is functioning properly and the camera is within range of your router. Confirm that your network is operating on a 2.4 GHz frequency, as the Owlet Camera is not compatible with 5 GHz networks. If the issue persists, try resetting the camera and repeating the setup process.
Q3: How do I set up my Owlet Camera?
A3: To set up your Owlet Camera, first, download the Owlet app on your smartphone and create an account. Connect your camera to a power source and ensure it is in pairing mode, usually indicated by a flashing light. Follow the in-app instructions to connect the camera to your Wi-Fi network and complete the setup process.
Q4: Can I view my Owlet Camera's live feed on my computer?
A4: The Owlet Camera is designed to work primarily with the Owlet app on your smartphone. There is currently no official desktop software or web interface to view the camera's live feed on a computer.
Q5: How do I enable motion and sound detection on my Owlet Camera?
A5: To enable motion and sound detection on your Owlet Camera, open the Owlet app, select your camera, and navigate to the motion and sound detection settings. Follow the instructions to enable and configure the detection according to your preferences.